Cream Cheese Cookies are the ultimate simple, buttery, fluffy cookie. They’re an easy, rich treat with cream cheese and almond extract.
There’s nothing like a simple, buttery Cookie Recipe. They make an easy treat that you can enjoy any time. Just whip up some Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin, or these Cream Cheese Cookies for a snack to satisfy your sweet tooth.
CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
Cream Cheese Cookies are the perfect light and fluffy baked good. They’re sweet, but not too sweet. The cream cheese adds richness and a slight tang that you wouldn’t have otherwise. The mild, sweet, almond taste makes them a hit with everybody. These cookies are sure to become your go-to for a simple treat.
This dessert is perfect for after-school snacks, to enjoy around the holidays, or as a dessert any time. You can enjoy a couple with a mug of coffee in the morning, or serve them over Vanilla Ice Cream for a rich, creamy dessert.
TOPPINGS FOR CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
Another option is dressing up your Cream Cheese Cookies with toppings. Add on some Cream Cheese Frosting for some more sweetness. You can always mix in different food colorings with the frosting to make it match the occasion you’re serving the cookies for, and top them off with sprinkles.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
- Make sure to let the butter and cream cheese soften before starting the recipe. Take them out of the fridge a few hours in advance so that they mix in well.
- Start by combining the cream cheese, butter, and sugar. Put the stand mixer on medium speed and continue mixing for 1 minute to make sure they are creamed together and fluffy.
- When you add in the dry ingredients switch the stand mixer to low speed. Make sure not to overmix at this step.
- Don’t skip refrigerating the dough for a full hour. It will make the butter nice and cold which helps the cookies bake properly.
- Put the dough at least 2 inches apart to make sure the Cream Cheese Cookies have room to spread.
- Bake them for 11-13 minutes. Keep your eye on the cookies and take them out of the oven when they start to become a little browned on top.
- Let them cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
- Chocolate chips: You can try folding in some chocolate chips with the cookie dough. Semisweet, milk, white chocolate, or some combination of the three would all taste delicious.
- Flavors: For some different flavorings in the Cream Cheese Cookies you can replace the almond extract with different kinds of extract. Vanilla, lemon, or peppermint extract will mix in nicely. You can also add spices like ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Mix-ins: There are plenty of other mix-ins you can try. For some crunch, fold in nuts like pecans, almonds, walnuts, or pistachios. You could also try dried fruit like cherries, cranberries, or raisins. Some other mix-ins to try are M&M’s, crushed peppermint, or toffee bits.
MORE CLASSIC COOKIE RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
- Serve: You can keep Cream Cheese Cookies in your pantry for up to 1 week. Let them cool to room temperature then seal them in an airtight container. If you’re in a more humid area put a paper towel at the base of the container.
- Store: They can stay good in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Seal them in a ziplock bag or another airtight container.
- Freeze: You can freeze Cream Cheese Cookies for up to 6 months. For the best results put them in a freezer bag with each layer of cookies separated by parchment paper.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add butter, cream cheese, and sugar to your stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the eggs and almond extract.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt then add to the stand mixer on the lowest speed setting.
- Cover and refrigerate the batter for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a 1 tablespoon-sized cookie scoop add dough 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until they are just beginning to brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.