Easy French Toast Bake with no overnight chilling has cinnamon, brown sugar, and buttery French bread perfect for your family or a crowd.
This Breakfast Recipe has all the familiar flavors of your favorite French Toast, and is designed to feed a crowd all at once. Just like a Sheet Pan Pancakes, this recipe will have your family drizzling warm maple syrup in no time.
EASY FRENCH TOAST BAKE
Easy French Toast Bake takes half the effort of making individual slices of french toast, and this breakfast will still be the perfect warm, inviting, family friendly meal you’ll love throwing together quickly on the weekend.
One of the great things about Easy French Toast Bake, is if you have some cream or half and half in your fridge pretty much everything else you likely have in your pantry. This is a great recipe for using up any bread that is about to go stale, and give it new life as a warm, comforting breakfast.
The warm cozy flavors of this breakfast casserole are perfect for a special holiday breakfast, or you could also make Pumpkin French Toast Bake during the fall! Either way, the crusty and soft French bread will soak up the flavors of brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg and be toasted to perfection with a buttery eggy crust.
MORE EASY FRENCH TOAST BAKE RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON EASY FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- Bread: Any bread with a nice crust will work well such as sourdough, brioche, baguette, or challah.
- Spices: Add additional favorite warm spices such as clove, ginger, anise, or Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Protein: Make a sweet and savory French Toast Bake by adding in crumbled bacon or sausage.
Tools Used in the Making of this Easy French Toast Bake:
9×13 Baking Pan: The perfect baking pan, it has high sides and bakes evenly. Plus when you cut into it you get picture perfect squares.
Maple Syrup: You will love serving this with real maple syrup. I keep this brand and Trader Joe’s brand (buy that in store, it is ⅓ the price) on hand at all times if I can.
Nutmeg: The flavor of whole Nutmeg nuts is completely different than the pre-ground variety and adds another dimension to baked goods.
MORE FAVORITE BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO STORE EASY FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- Serve: To keep it fresh, you shouldn’t leave any leftover French Toast Bake at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Once it’s cooled, cover the dish or put it in another airtight container. Properly sealed, the breakfast bake will stay good in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freeze: To keep your Easy French Toast Bake longer, store it in the freezer. It will stay good for up to 3 months.
- 1 loaf French bread I also routinely use a loaf of Texas Toast
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream half and half would work too
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cold and cut into small squares
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Chop the bread into ¾ - 1 inch cubes and put it in the bowl with the egg mixture and toss well until all the liquid is absorbed.
- In a small bowl or a food processor add the flour, remaining brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt and mix.
- Cut in the butter with a fork or pulse in the food processor for 5-10 seconds or until the butter and brown sugar mixture is crumbly.
- Pour the bread and egg mixture into the pan, cover evenly with the brown sugar-butter topping and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is crispy and the center is no longer wet.
Photos used in previous versions of this post.