Mango Salsa is sweet, tangy, lightly spiced, and ready in minutes with mango, pineapple, red onion, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno pepper.
Fruit Salsa is an easy, healthy recipe that’s perfect for an Appetizer or as a topping for your main dish. This juicy mango version of fruit salsa uses tropical fruit for a sweet and tangy tropical flavor perfect for summer.
Mango season is the perfect time to enjoy ripe mangoes in this easy homemade salsa. This salsa recipe is made with tropical fruits like mango and pineapple. Then there are other fresh ingredients added in like crunchy bell peppers, onions, de-seeded jalapeno, and fresh cilantro. With just a splash of lime, all the flavors and textures come together for the perfect easy appetizer.
For quick and healthy snacks, you can divide the colorful salsa into serving-sized Tupperware, and store them in the fridge. Then they’re easy to grab for a snack throughout the day or sweet addition to your lunch. Serve the salsa with chips and enjoy! It’s easy, portable, and your whole family is sure to love the sweet, tangy, lightly spiced fruit.
Although Fruit Salsa makes a great dip for chips, you can also use it to top off grilled meat. Serve it over Kalua Pork to play up the sweet Hawaiian flavors in the dish for a dinner that will transport you to the tropics. Mango Salsa is surprisingly versatile, so scroll down to see other recipes we’ve tried it in.
MORE FRUIT RECIPES
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MANGO SALSA
Mango Salsa will make a delicious appetizer for your next party. You can put out a big bowl along with your favorite tortilla chips for dipping. With just a little prep you’ll have a healthy snack that all your guests are sure to love. It’s a quick and easy way to enjoy the Fresh Mango Salsa. However, the tropical fruit flavors also make a great addition to a variety of dinner recipes.
- Mexican food: The delicious salsa goes great with your favorite Mexican dishes. Serve it up as a topping for tacos or over burrito bowls. It would taste especially great with Fish Taco, Shrimp Tacos, or Chicken Tacos. For an easy burrito bowl add layers of rice, black beans, red onion, cilantro, and this fruit salad.
- Meats: Try serving the fruit salsa over grilled salmon, Chicken, or Pork. The tangy mangoes taste amazing with the smoky flavor of the meat.
- Salads: You can also use the salsa as a topping for your favorite salads like Strawberry Spinach Salad or an easy quinoa salad.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON MANGO SALSA
- Vegetables: You can add a variety of fresh vegetables to the Mango Salsa recipe. Try slicing some cucumber, tomato, banana pepper, green onions, or yellow onion.
- Fruit: You could also toss extra fruit into the ingredients. Fresh peaches, creamy avocado, papaya, or strawberries would all taste amazing in this homemade salsa.
- Spicier salsa: For a spicier flavor in this Fresh Mango Salsa, you can add a dash of cayenne pepper to go along with the jalapeno peppers already in the recipe.
- Seasonings: There are plenty of other flavors you can add to the salsa. Try mixing in some minced fresh garlic cloves, paprika, rosemary, black pepper, thyme, chives, or ginger powder.
MORE SALSAS AND DIPS
HOW TO STORE MANGO SALSA
- Serve: Let the fresh Mango Salsa ingredients sit together for at least 1 hour in the fridge before serving. This will give the various fruit flavors enough time to meld together. When it’s ready to serve, don’t leave the fruit salsa at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: To store the colorful Mango Salsa, cover it in plastic wrap or put it in an airtight container to store in the fridge. It will stay good for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: You can also freeze the salsa for up to 2 months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving again.
- 2 cups mango , diced (about 2 mangos)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 red onion , minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper , de-seeded and minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper , de-seeded and minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper , de-seeded, deveined and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro , minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lime , juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add ingredients to a large bowl, mix well.
- Refrigerate or let sit for 1 hour before serving.