Mint Chocolate Covered Oreos are the PERFECT combo of sweet and crunchy, made with mint Oreos dipped in melted chocolate and covered in green jimmies!
mint chocolate covered oreos
Mint Chocolate Covered Oreos are an easy twist on my classic Chocolate Covered Oreos made from mint flavored Oreos, melted chocolate, peppermint extract, and decorative green sprinkles. These only take 4 ingredients, and they’re perfect for St. Patrick’s day! You can also use these ratios for an easy mint version of the super popular Oreo Balls (Oreo Truffles).
They’re also incredibly EASY to make, and the perfect rainy day activity for the kids. They love dipping the cookies in the chocolate, and also decorating them at the end. Plus they get to hand them out to their friends afterwards!
can mint chocolate covered oreos be made ahead of time?
This candy will last about 3 weeks, then stored properly on the counter in an airtight container. I don’t recommend freezing chocolate Oreos, because condensation can form on the chocolate when they are defrosting, which does not make for a good presentation.
how to decorate mint chocolate covered oreos
You can alternate between drizzling dark and light chocolate with a piping bag. You can also add things like coconut flakes, crushed cookies, or chopped nuts. Make sure you add any topping before the chocolate has completely set, so it will stick to the cookie.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES
- Easy Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Covered Almonds
- Chocolate Covered Caramels
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Truffles
TIPS FOR MAKING MINT CHOCOLATE COVERED OREOS
- I don’t recommend switching between chocolate chips and chocolate disks for this recipe, because the disks will have a much smoother texture. You can use almond bark if you have it which is richer in flavor.
- Use parchment paper to dry the cookies on and prevent them from sticking, and also to layer between the oreos when stored.
- Decorate the Oreos with a drizzle of white chocolate, caramel sauce, or even sprinkle with nuts like almonds, pecans, or pistachios.
- If you’re not comfortable using the microwave, you can use a double boiler to melt the candy on the stovetop.
- Use any leftover cookies to make Peppermint Oreo Balls!
- This recipe uses peppermint extract, but you can try any flavor that you’d like.
- Add a drop of coconut oil to thin out the chocolate, so it’s easier to work with.
- Add a lollipop stick to the middle of the cookie to make chocolate covered Oreo lollipops! Do this before the chocolate completely hardens so it stays in place.
- Wrap these peppermint cookies in plastic, then decorate with green ribbons, to give away as gifts for the holidays like St. Patrick’s Day!
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring between 30 second increments. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Use a fork to dip the Oreos in the chocolate, scraping the excess chocolate off of the fork. Place the Oreos on parchment paper to harden.
- Use the rest of the chocolate in a piping bag, squeezing over the Oreos, then topping with sprinkles. Let the Oreos rest until fully hardened.