Peach Crumb Bars are the perfect summer fruit dessert with sweet and tart peach filling between a buttery shortbread crust and crumb topping.
Homemade Peach Crumb Bars are the perfect way to enjoy your favorite Summer fruit in an easy, shareable treat. Bar Recipes are great for a simple dessert or sweet snack! For more crumb bars try Strawberry Bars or Blueberry Crumb Bars too!
Peach Bars are the perfect treat to serve on a hot summer day. They take advantage of the fresh fruit during peach season. They are easy to make, and turn out delicious every time. Plus, you can make this dessert even more refreshing by topping them off with some Vanilla Ice Cream for a chilled, creamy, peach-flavored treat.
Just like Peach Cobbler and other peach recipes, these Peach bars are made with sweet fruit, cinnamon, and a delicious crumbly texture. The warm spices go perfectly with the sweet and tart peaches. The buttery crust is easy to make, and it doubles as the buttery crumble topping.
Wait for the Peach Crumble Bars to cool completely before you slice them. Then you’ll have easy, mess-free squares perfect to share with friends and family. They’re a favorite with kids and adults that you’ll find yourself making over and over again.
More Tasty Peach Recipes
- Prep time: To prep the recipe preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray your baking pan with cooking spray or spread a thin layer of butter over it.
- Dough mixture: Add ½ cup white sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt to your food processor. If you don’t have a food processor you can also use a pastry cutter. Once the flour mixture is combined add the cold butter and egg. Pulse the food processor until it forms into a crumbly, buttery dough. Divide the dough in half and press one half of it into the base of your pan. Set the other half to the side until later.
- Peach filling: Peel and slice the fresh peaches. Toss them in a mixing bowl with sugar, cornstarch, and ground cinnamon. Once the peaches are coated, spread them out over the crust. Add the remaining crumb topping.
- Bake: Put the Peach Bars in the preheated oven to bake for 45 minutes. Take them out when the crumb mixture is golden brown and the peach filling is bubbly. Let the bars cool completely before you slice them into squares and serve.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Lemon Peach Bars: To make peaches with lemon zest, mix a little bit of fresh lemon juice in with the peach layer. You don’t want the lemon flavor to be overpowering so just use 1-2 tablespoons.
- Almond Peach Bars: For some extra crunch make Almond Peach Bars. Layer the peaches with almonds over the top. You can also add some almond extract to the dough mixture for flavor.
- Peach Crumble Bar: For a Peach Crumble Bar, make an oat crumb topping instead of a shortbread one. To make the topping combine ½ cup flour, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 pinch salt, ½ cup oats, and ¼ cup cold butter. Sprinkle the oat mixture over the peaches.
- Fruits: You can also try this recipe with different fruits like apples, blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries. You can also use frozen fruits and berries, just let them thaw first and pat them dry before using.
More Easy and Delicious Bar Recipes
How to Store
- Serve: After they’ve cooled, you can cover the Peach Bars and keep them in a dry, cool place for up to 4 days.
- Store: You can also store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge. They’ll keep well in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: If you’re freezing the bars, let them completely cool first. Then cover the pan tightly in aluminum foil. They’ll stay good for up to 6 months.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter , cold, cut into cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh peaches , peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray.
- In a food processor, combine ½ cup white sugar with brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter and egg to the food processor and pulse until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press half of the dough into the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, gently toss the peaches in remaining sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon until well coated.
- Spread the peach mixture evenly over the crust.
- Crumble remaining dough over the peach layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is slightly brown and peach filling is bubbling.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.