Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Brownies are perfectly fudgy with chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter. It’s the perfect way to use up ripe bananas!
These easy, fudgy brownies may become your new favorite Dessert Recipe ever. They’re quick to throw together, chocolatey, moist, and bursting with rich, sweet flavors. Peanut Butter Banana Brownies fall somewhere between Peanut Butter Brownies and Chocolate Banana Bread. It truly doesn’t get better!
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BANANA BROWNIES
Two of our favorite dessert combinations are chocolate and peanut butter, and chocolate, and bananas. Well, why not have both? These chocolatey brownies take both and put them in one unbelievable sweet recipe. The ripe bananas add some extra gooey texture and sweetness while the peanut butter brings some salty and earthy flavors for the perfect treat.
The next time you have overripe bananas, consider these brownies an option along with the classic, go-to Banana Bread. These homemade brownies are barely harder than a box brownie mix and they turn out so much more chewy, and rich. The simple brownie base is sure to become your favorite brownie recipe. It’s a serious chocolate lover’s dream with a little something extra from the banana and nut flavors.
One of our family’s all-time favorite treats is serving up hot brownies with delicious, creamy ice cream. For the perfect dish serve Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Brownies with Vanilla Ice Cream and Hot Fudge Sauce and enjoy the unbelievable combination all in one spoonful.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BANANA BROWNIES
- Prep time: Start by preheating your oven and prepping a square baking pan with cooking spray. If you don’t have a non-stick cooking spray to grease the pan you can use parchment paper instead. Cut the baking parchment to size and put it in the baking pan.
- Brownie batter: Heat butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, and mash the bananas with a fork. Then add the melted butter, sugar, eggs, mashed banana, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until the chocolate banana batter is smooth. In a separate medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the sifted flour and other dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix the brownie batter. Fold in half the chocolate chips to complete the batter. Pour the batter into the baking dish and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Peanut Butter: Microwave the peanut butter for 15 seconds to soften and loosen it slightly. Pour the peanut butter over the brownies and use a butter knife or offset spatula to swirl the peanut butter over the top.
- Bake: Put the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Test if the Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Brownies are done with a toothpick or clean knife before taking them out of the oven.
VARIATIONS ON PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BANANA BROWNIES
- Vegan: To make somewhat healthy vegan brownies you can use flax eggs in place of the real eggs and vegan butter. Flax eggs are made with flaxseed meal and are a great substitute to use in vegan brownies. Instead of flax eggs, you could also use applesauce, avocado, or mashed banana. To replace the real butter try cashew butter, coconut oil, or olive oil. You’ll also need to use dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Sweeteners: Instead of granulated sugar you can use maple syrup, brown sugar, or coconut sugar to replace the white sugar.
- Cocoa Powder: For a more intense chocolatey flavor, try using Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
- Add-ins: Instead of regular chocolate chips, you could use roughly chopped chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate, or a combination for triple chocolate brownie perfection. Along with folding in chocolate, you can scatter chocolate chips over the top. You could also mix in chopped nuts, toffee chips, and sprinkle on some flaked sea salt.
- Flour: You can replace the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or do a flour mixture of half white flour and half whole wheat flour. To make gluten-free brownies use gluten-free flour like almond flour, oat flour, or coconut flour.
- Peanut Butter: To add some crunch you can replace creamy peanut butter with crunchy peanut butter or add in whole peanuts to the recipe.
MORE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BANANA BROWNIES
- Serve: Once the Brownies have cooled to room temperature cover them in plastic wrap or seal them in an airtight container to store in the pantry for 3-4 days.
- Store: You can put the sealed brownies in the fridge to store for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Brownies will stay good for up to 6 months. Let the brownies thaw and enjoy the chocolate recipe months after baking it.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Brownies
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x9 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, bananas, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in baking dish evenly and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Add the peanut butter to a small microwave-safe dish and microwave for 15 seconds to loosen.
- Pour over the batter and swirl with a knife.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 337 calories, Calories: 337g, Carbohydrates: 36g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 52mg, Sodium: 113mg, Potassium: 303mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 26g, Vitamin A: 301g, Vitamin C: 2g, Calcium: 39g, Iron: 2g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.