Pecan Pie Muffins are an easy holiday dessert treat perfect for a cookie exchange made with just 6 ingredients in less than 30 minutes!
Pecan Pie Muffins with just 6 ingredients are the easiest sweet treat on your dessert table all holiday season long. And they’re even better the next day!
Pecan Pie Muffins are one of my absolute favorite, go to recipes I used to use for clients during the holidays. Every year I’d give my clients holiday gifts or birthday gifts and one of my go to’s was this recipe. Why? Because it is the kind of recipe NO ONE would guess is so easy to make.
They’re buttery, rich and just the perfect size to feel satisfied without feeling like you had too much dessert. The butter and brown sugar create a sort of a streusel texture in the bites while the muffin form means they bake in the same amount of time it takes to make cupcakes.
The hardest part of making this recipe is to chop your pecans and dice your unsalted butter.
Pecan pie muffins are as easy to make as the picture below. Some recipes for this call for creaming the butter (I don’t) but even easier than that is to just throw these ingredients together in a stand mixer and scoop it into your muffin cups for the perfect rich, chewy, buttery treat.
MORE EASY HOLIDAY DESSERT SMALL BITES
How to Make Pecan Pie Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the muffin tins with oil or baking spray or add muffin cups.
- Add all but the butter into the stand mixer and mix until the eggs are just incorporated.
- Add the butter and mix until you see just some streaks of butter left.
- Scoop into muffin tins with an ice cream scoop.
- Top each one with 2 pecan halves and bake for 20-22 minutes.
PLUS, when you leave this for a day in a covered container, all the butter and brown sugar overwhelm the small amount of flour and flax meal and make it EVEN MORE decadent.
Yes, this is decadent, there is no way around it. But we do add a ½ cup of flax meal to the muffins which pumps up both the pecan pie flavor and the chewy texture while adding in some awesome Omega-3s. Never thought you’d be looking at dessert for your Omega-3s did you?
Yes, you can also make this recipe in a mini-muffin pan, cook them for 12-14 minutes instead of 20-22 minutes. Mini Muffins are the perfect size for a one bite treat you can use for cookie exchanges or potlucks or office Christmas Parties.
These Pecan Pie Muffins are the perfect holiday dessert recipe. In fact we’ve been making a whole bunch of holiday dessert recipes you may want to try out including:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
These Pecan Pie Muffins are the perfect holiday dessert recipe. In fact we’ve been making a whole bunch of holiday dessert recipes you may want to try out including Classic Gingerbread Cake and Gingerbread Cheesecake.
We even have old retro Holiday Desserts!
RETRO HOLIDAY DESSERT SALADS
Some notes about this recipe?
- I do NOT cream the butter. The little streaks of butter I tell you to leave make a more pecan pie like texture. I find if you cream the butter it turns into a spongier cake.
- I even refrigerate before baking if I am doing a bunch of batches.
- If you have the patience, wait until the next day to serve. It will be even more caramel like in flavor.
- If you want warm reheat for 5 seconds in a microwave, it’ll taste like a cross between pecan pie and a sticky bun.
- I remove the muffins from the tin before they cool (very carefully) because if they cool they may stick to the pan even if you’ve sprayed it.
- Do not use the toothpick test for this recipe, you want the muffins to come out of the oven while still looking moistened as they’re meant to taste more like pecan pie, not pecan muffins.
- You can use a whisk to make this in a large bowl but if you do don’t take too long to mix it, we want to see streaks of unsalted butter in the mixture (this bakes into a pecan pie texture better.
- If you don’t use muffin cups be sure you grease or use cooking spray on your muffin pan or mini muffin pan well.
DELICIOUS HOLIDAY CANDY RECIPES
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup butter cut into small cubes
- 24 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the muffin tins with oil or baking spray or add liners.
- Add all but the butter into the stand mixer and mix until the eggs are just incorporated then add the butter and mix until you see just some streaks od butter left.
- Scoop into muffin tins with an ice cream scoop and top with 2 pecan halves and bake for 20-22 minutes.