Shrimp Burgers are savory and wonderfully crispy. Tasty shrimp are combined with old bay seasoning, breadcrumbs, and lemon juice for the perfect patty.
These easy Shrimp Burgers are a great way to enjoy your favorite seafood but served in a delicious Sandwich Recipe. If you like the idea of making seafood into burger patties, be sure to try our Crab Cake Sandwiches next.
Crispy shrimp burgers are a fun and tasty twist on making a classic burger patty. The shrimp patties are easy and flavorful. They’re a fun new recipe that you can serve at your next summer cookout or family get-together. Shrimp and breadcrumbs are easy to form into patties, then you just have to cook them for about 4 minutes on each side before assembling them into sandwiches.
The delicious shrimp flavor goes perfectly with the refreshing lemon juice and old bay seasoning that’s mixed into the patties. Along with those flavors, the burger taste amazing with a little Tartar Sauce spread over the bun. Then the tomato and lettuce give a nice crunch and fresh vegetable taste.
Even though using shrimp as the protein is different than a typical burger, you can still experiment with your favorite burger toppings. Try serving your incredible Shrimp Burger with onion, avocado slices, cheese, or Coleslaw. You could also spread your favorite sauces over the bun. Mayonnaise, ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, or Buffalo Sauce would taste great. Or, make Creamy Guacamole with fresh avocado.
MORE SANDWICH RECIPES
- Prep shrimp: If they aren’t already, peel and devein the fresh shrimp. Then separate about ¼ of the shrimp, and chop that portion into small pieces. Set the chunks to the side and put the rest of the shrimp in your food processor. Pulse shrimp until it’s pureed.
- Shrimp mixture: Add the shrimp chunks, puréed shrimp, eggs, 1 ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs, fresh lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper, and butter to a medium bowl. Mix the shrimp mixture until it’s all well combined. You can do this with a kitchen spoon, or put on plastic gloves and use your hands.
- Cooking time: Add half of the vegetable oil to a nonstick skillet and put it over medium-high heat. Form the shrimp mixture with ½ cup scoops and add them to the heated pan. Flatten the scoops into patties. Cook for about 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4-6 minutes until the shrimp patties are cooked through. This recipe makes 6 patties, so you may need to do this in batches.
- Serve: Place each patty on a hamburger bun with fresh lettuce, tomato, tartar sauce, and any other toppings you’d like.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Cilantro lime shrimp burgers: For a refreshing cilantro-lime flavor, replace the lemon juice with lime juice, and add ¼ cup cilantro to the patty mixture.
- Seasonings: You can add a variety of different spices and flavorings to the recipe. Try mixing in paprika, basil, chives, cumin, rosemary, sage, or minced garlic cloves.
- Spicy shrimp burgers: To add a kick of heat to the recipe, you can add in a little bit of chipotle chili powder or cayenne chili powder. You could also leave the spices out of the recipe, and just add hot sauce to the patty before serving. That way, if anyone doesn’t like spicy food, they can just leave the sauce off of their burger.
MORE SEAFOOD RECIPES
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: If you have any leftover Shrimp Burgers, don’t leave them out for more than 2 hours.
- Store: To save the crispy Shrimp Burgers for later, transfer patties to a zip lock bag or an airtight container. They’ll stay good in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: You could also store the shrimp patties in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- 2 pounds shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lemon , juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 Hamburger buns
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 2 vine tomatoes , sliced
- 1/2 cup Tartar Sauce
- Chop 25% of the shrimp into small chunks.
- Add the remaining shrimp to a food processor and puree.
- In a large bowl add the cut and pureed shrimp, eggs, panko bread crumbs, lemon, Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper and butter.
- Mix until well combined.
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add shrimp burgers to the pan (this makes 6) in heaping ½ cup measures and flatten into circles.
- Cook for 4 minutes, flip and add remaining oil.
- Cook an additional 4-6 minutes or until it's cooked through.
- Serve on buns, with lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce.