Stuffed Chicken Breast is a perfect weeknight meal. Tender chicken breast with a cheesy, spinach filling is delicious and easy to make!
Simple Chicken Breasts are the base for so many delicious Dinner Recipes like Braised Chicken and Mushrooms and Easy Rotisserie Chicken. This chicken breast comes out just as tender and juicy but has the added flavor of a creamy, cheesy stuffing that makes it unique and oh so tasty!
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
This Stuffed Chicken Breast might just be the best chicken dinner ever. It is tender chicken with a creamy filling, and crunchy breadcrumbs on the outside! The cheesy filling is easy to add and absolutely delicious. Plus, cheese and spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast is an easy way to add some veggies to your weeknight dinner. Even our picky eaters didn’t mind the spinach because it’s baked right into the creamy parmesan cheese stuffed chicken. In fact, I’ve already had requests to make this recipe again!
Stuffed Chicken Breast makes a tasty and filling main dish, so you won’t have to worry about making a bunch of extra side dishes. You can serve it with a crunchy green salad or some Roasted Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes. It would also be delicious served with rice or Quinoa.
If the idea of Stuffed Chicken sounds like it’s going to be complicated to make, don’t worry! It’s surprisingly easy to stuff the chicken breast with the creamy spinach mixture. Then, once it’s assembled, you just oven-bake the chicken before serving. The whole recipe takes under an hour, but tastes and looks way more fancy.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- Prep time: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your baking dish with cooking spray so that the chicken doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Chicken breast: Slice each chicken breast down the side horizontally so that your knife almost goes through to the other side. Open the chicken breasts flat into a butterfly. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Cream cheese mixture: Mix together the spinach, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and sour cream in a bowl. Continue stirring the spinach and cheese mixture until the softened cream cheese is blended into the other ingredients. Spoon the mixture over one side of each chicken breast, then close the other side over it. Pierce it with a toothpick to the keep the Stuffed Chicken Breast together.
- Breadcrumbs: Beat an egg, then dip each chicken breast into it. Carefully roll them in the bread crumbs, making sure not to poke yourself with the toothpick. Lay the coated chicken onto the prepared pan. Melt the butter in the microwave and then spoon it over the Spinach Stuffed Chicken.
- Bake: Bake the chicken in the preheated oven until golden brown for 35-40 minutes. To make sure the chicken is done use a meat thermometer to see if the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees. Once it has, take the chicken from the oven and serve.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- Seasoning: You can add fresh flavors to the Stuffed Chicken Breast with different fresh herbs and spices. Try mixing some garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes or paprika into the cream cheese mixture. You could also add herbs like oregano, basil, or rosemary.
- Veggies: Another way to change things up is mixing extra vegetables in along with the spinach. Chopped red onion, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, or shaved brussels sprouts could all taste great.
- Cheese: For extra melty cheese add some different kinds of shredded cheese into the cheese filling. Mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, Swiss, or Pepper Jack would all taste amazing!
SIDE DISH TO SERVE WITH STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
HOW TO STORE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- Serve: Don’t leave Stuffed Chicken Breast at room temperature for more than 2 hours after cooking it.
- Store: Once the chicken has cooled, cover it in plastic wrap or put it in an airtight container. It will stay good in the fridge for about 4 days.
- Freeze: You can also freeze Stuffed Chicken Breast for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge before reheating the leftovers in the oven to serve.
- 4 skinless , boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen spinach , well-drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts until they lay flat like an open book.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and sour cream until well blended.
- Spoon mixture onto one half of the chicken then close the second half over it and pin closed with a toothpick.
- Dip in beaten egg, then carefully (remember toothpicks are sharp), roll in bread crumbs until well coated.
- Spoon melted butter over the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees and the topping is browned and crispy.