Cookie Dough Cheese Ball is an easy no bake cookie cheesecake dip made with brown sugar, cream cheese, graham crackers, and chocolate chips.
Your guests will go wild for this delicious no-bake Snack that has all the flavor of homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies with the extra creaminess of Cheesecake!
COOKIE DOUGH CHEESE BALL
This Edible Cookie Dough treat is great for holidays and birthday parties, or whenever you are craving Chocolate Chip Cookies and don’t want to bake! You can whip up this creamy Cookie Dough Cheese Ball in just minutes from classic cookie ingredients like brown sugar and butter. Since there’s no flour or egg, it is safe to lick the spoon or dig in with graham crackers without having to bake it first!
This Cookie Dough Cheese Ball can easily be served as a dip instead of a cheeseball. Just mix it together and instead of rolling into a ball, spoon it into a serving dish and top with chocolate chips. No matter how you serve it, you want to chill your Cookie Dough Cheese Ball for at least an hour so the flavors have time to come together.
If you are serving your Cookie Dough Cheese Ball as a dessert appetizer, a good tip is to freeze it solid for a few hours. This will keep your cheeseball from melting while it sits out during your party. You can use an ice bath to keep your Cookie Dough Cheeseball chilled while serving. Just make sure to store after no more than 2 hours at room temperature since it is primarily dairy.
Make this dessert appetizer up to a week ahead by preparing the Cookie Dough Cheese Ball as you normally would but hold off on rolling in the chocolate chips. The chocolate chips absorb moisture while on the cream cheese and start to “sweat” after a couple of days. This doesn’t alter the flavor but it looks nicer if you prepare the cheeseball beforehand and roll in the chocolate chips the day you serve it.
MORE DESSERT APPETIZER RECIPES
What to Serve With Cookie Dough Cheese Ball
- Vanilla Wafers
- Apple Slices
- Graham Crackers
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON COOKIE DOUGH CHEESE BALL
- Candy Coating: Instead of chocolate chips on the outside, why not try M&Ms, Reeses Pieces, rainbow chips, or chocolate sprinkles? You can also use festive decorative sprinkles to match your party theme!
- Sugar Cookie: Skip the chocolate chips and use all white sugar instead of brown sugar for a Sugar Cookie Dough Cheese Ball. Coat the outside in rainbow sprinkles, a classic sugar cookie topping!
- Monster Cookie: Replace the graham crackers with 1 cup quick oats and add 1 cup peanut butter to make a Monster Cookie Dough Cheese Ball. Roll in mini M&Ms and mini chocolate chips and serve with pretzels.
- Cookie Butter: Fold in ½ cup Cookie Butter and only use ¼ cup butter to bring out even more cookie dough flavor. It’s also great with Oreo Cookie Butter for more chocolatey goodness!
- Nuts: Just like in your favorite cookies, you can add chopped nuts like pecans, almonds, or walnuts on the outside or inside of your Cookie Dough Cheese Ball. Try crushed pretzels, graham crackers, or Oreos as the outside coating too!
MORE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE INSPIRED DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE COOKIE DOUGH CHEESE BALL
- Serve: Cookie Dough Cheese Ball is best served after 15 minutes at room temperature so it softens slightly and is easy to spread. Keep this dessert cheeseball at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Store: Refrigerate Cookie Dough Cheese Ball wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Store without the chocolate chip coating for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Wrap Cookie Dough Cheese Ball tightly in plastic wrap, place in a sealed container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cheeseball overnight in the refrigerator before softening at room temperature to serve.
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips , divided
- Add cream cheese, butter, graham crackers and vanilla extract to your stand mixer on low speed until well combined.
- Add in powdered sugar and brown sugar until well blended.
- Fold in ½ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Put mixture into the middle of a large rectangle of plastic wrap and wrap into the shape of a ball.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Roll in 1 cup mini chocolate chips before serving with graham crackers and cookies.