Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Wrap with shredded chicken, an easy anchovy-free Caesar dressing, croutons, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese in a spinach tortilla. Perfect for your lunchbox!
Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Wrap
A Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Wrap is an easy lunchbox meal that will save you both calories and money with a quick and easy Caesar dressing made with Greek yogurt and a spinach tortilla that adds both a fun color and an additional source of vitamins. This easy, portable lunch goes well with Pure Leaf® Lemon Flavor Iced Tea, and Pure Leaf® generously sponsored this post.
Pure Leaf® is brewed from real tea leaves, never from powders or concentrates. The tea leaves in Pure Leaf iced tea are freshly picked and expertly-blended by the team of Pure Leaf Tea Masters for an authentic real leaf-brewed tea taste.
What Makes this Chicken Caesar Wrap so Good?
This Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Wrap starts with a base of chicken being cooked in the slow cooker using my Crisp and Juicy Slow Cooker Chicken method. This method has no liquids, just a seasoning of salt and pepper. This method of cooking chicken is totally hands off and results in a perfectly tender, juicy chicken that can be pulled apart.
Notes about the Chicken Caesar Wrap Dressing
The Caesar salad dressing we use for this Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps recipe is easy to make without anchovy paste and a quick swap of mayonnaise for Greek yogurt. If you’re in a rush or don’t want to make the salad dressing, there are great light options and even some made with greek yogurt that you can use too.
Tips to Reduce Moisture in Your Wrap
If you’re looking for a way to keep the moisture down in wrap note the following:
- The large lettuce leaf we lay down first provides a barrier
- you can add grape tomatoes in place of the halved cherry tomatoes
- If you would like to keep the croutons crunchy you can add them just before eating
- You can even pack your wrap bento box style and just assemble right before eating.
The deliciously tart flavor of Pure Leaf® Lemon Flavor Iced Tea matches well with the lemon in the Caesar dressing. The tea works so well in this pairing because it’s simple and authentic – all Pure Leaf® iced teas are brewed from real tea leaves and never from concentrate. With the lemon juice in the dressing of the chicken Caesar wrap the lemon in this Pure Leaf Iced Tea is the perfect complement to these wraps.
Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Course: Main
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps with shredded chicken, an easy anchovy free caesar dressing, croutons, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese in a spinach tortilla. Perfect for your lunchbox! Pairs well with Pure Leaf® Lemon Flavor Iced Tea.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup croutons
- 4 spinach tortillas
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
To make the chicken:
Pat the chicken dry and place skin side up in a single layer in your slow cooker (mine is 6.5 quarts). Season with salt and pepper and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove from the slow cooker and remove skin and bone, shred gently with two forks.
To make the salad dressing:
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- Lay the spinach tortillas on a tray, then add the lettuce leaf, 1/4 of the each of the components: chicken, dressing, tomatoes, croutons and Parmesan cheese.
- tuck in the sides of the tortilla and roll like a burrito to serve.
Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 698 calories, Calories: 698g, Carbohydrates: 44g, Protein: 33g, Fat: 43g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 124mg, Sodium: 1317mg, Potassium: 409mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 2955g, Vitamin C: 12.5g, Calcium: 411g, Iron: 5.3g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pure Leaf® Tea.