S’mores Pie is a rich brownie pie with a campfire twist. Easy, rich chocolate brownie filling topped with toasted marshmallows in a graham cracker crust.
If you love Chocolate Fudge but wish you could eat a big slice of it like a pie, well this is the dessert for you. This decadent, rich, chocolatey overload is made even better with toasted marshmallows and a vanilla graham cracker crust. You can tell everyone you are having a sensible slice of pie while you secretly indulge on a chocolate lover’s dream dessert.
This S’mores Pie has a rich buttery crust and easy brownie filling. The hardest part of S’mores Pie is keeping the marshmallows from burning. Marshmallows toast fast, so its best to be on hand for this step if you have young bakers helping out. You could skip the broiler and use the microwave to melt the marshmallows instead.
It is a simple dessert perfect for summer potlucks and barbecues. It’s budget friendly and you can make it days in advance. Store your S’mores Pie in the freezer without the marshmallows for up to 4 months for a dessert ready to go whenever you need one. Toast the marshmallows while the pie is still frozen to cut down on the second chill time.
MORE DELICIOUS S’MORES RECIPES
One of the best things about S’mores Pie, besides how easy it is to make, is that you can make it your own with tiny adjustments. Swap to a Graham Cracker Crust, or change out the graham crackers for a an Oreo cookie crust. Fold in your favorite baking mix-ins like nuts or chocolate chips, use flavored marshmallows, top with marshmallow creme, the sky’s the limit!
If you are craving even more chocolate, a drizzle of Chocolate Ganache or Hot Fudge is just what this S’mores Pie needs. You could also use Salted Caramel Sauce for a sweet and salty topping. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter or Strawberry Jam (or both) before topping with the marshmallows for extra flavor.
VARIATIONS ON S’MORES PIE
- Marshmallows: If you have some extra time and bit of gelatin, make these incredibly easy Homemade Marshmallows instead of using store bought mallows. They need to be made a day in advance but they are so worth it!
- Chocolate Chips: For more chocolatey goodness, fold in a 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. Make a Peanut Butter Chocolate S’mores Pie with peanut butter chips or try butterscotch chips for a toffee flavor!
- Mix-Ins: Fold in chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate candies like M&Ms, toffee bits, chopped soft caramel candies, peppermint candies, or any other baking mix-ins you love!
MORE NO BAKE DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE S’MORES PIE
- Serve: S’mores Pie is best served slightly chilled so ganache is set. Serve and store at room temperature if the weather is not too warm, otherwise keep chilled.
- Store: Cover S’mores Pie with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve chilled or slightly cooler than room temperature.
- Freeze: Wrap S’mores Pie tightly with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before freezing for up to 4 months. Thaw S’mores Pie in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
S'mores Pie is a rich brownie pie with a campfire twist. Easy, rich chocolate brownie filling topped with toasted marshmallows in a graham cracker crust.
- 1 pie crust , prepared
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line pie plate with uncooked pie crust.
Whisk together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
Sift together cocoa powder and flour then whisk it into the wet ingredients until just combined.
Pour into the prepared pie crust and bake for 25-30 minutes until brownie is cooked.
- Preheat the broiler.
Spread the marshmallow creme gently.
Broil until the top starts to brown and get a bit crackly, about 1 minute.
Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 316 calories, Calories: 316g, Carbohydrates: 39g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 102mg, Potassium: 27mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 28g, Vitamin A: 293g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 52g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.