Spicy Peanut Noodles are an unbelievably easy dinner that you can have ready in under 15 minutes! Easy pasta cooked in rich, slightly spicy peanut sauce.
This simple recipe is great for a Weeknight Dinner on its own, or serve it as the Side to some protein. You can get even more peanut flavor by pairing Spicy Peanut Noodles with Thai Peanut Shrimp or Thai Peanut Chicken as your main course.
SPICY PEANUT NOODLES
These Spicy Peanut Noodles are sure to become a go-to recipe. It’s a simple dish that is great to have in your back pocket for hectic weekdays. Noodles with Spicy Asian Peanut Sauce can be ready in just 15 minutes!
The recipe is a simple matter of cooking the noodles, then the sauce, then tossing it all together right before serving. That’s why I like to get all the ingredients measured and ready to go before I even start the recipe. Once it gets going, the sauce and noodles cook up fast, and it’s better not to have to stop and measure things out.
Peanuts are often used in cooking Asian noodle dishes. Just like in our recipe for Thai Peanut Chicken Zucchini Noodles. The salty, nutty taste goes perfectly with the other tangy and spicy ingredients in the peanut sauce. This peanut sauce is packed with flavorful ingredients like soy sauce, chicken broth, garlic, and sriracha. Once they’re coated, the noodles do a great job soaking up all that flavor. Along with those ingredients, Spicy Peanut Noodles have a touch sweetness from brown sugar in the sauce. Each bite of Spicy Peanut Noodles is a combination of salty, tangy, spicy, and sweet flavors that balance each other perfectly.
MORE DELICIOUS NOODLE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING SPICY PEANUT NOODLES
- Noodles: When you cook the noodles make sure not to overcook them. Follow the package directions to cook noodles without making them mushy. You want to cook them just to al dente.
- Sauce: Mix and heat the vegetable oil, sesame oil, green onions, ginger, and garlic in a large pan before adding the rest of the sauce ingredients. The garlic, onions, and ginger will become fragrant so that their flavors can soak into the rest of the sauce. Next, add the sugar, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, broth, hot sauce, and carrots. The peanut butter will melt and loosen slightly in the hot pan so that you can whisk everything together. Continue cooking until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve: Toss the noodles in the sauce and coat them thoroughly before serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON SPICY PEANUT NOODLES
- Extra Spicy Peanut Sauce: To add some extra heat to the recipe toss in some red pepper flakes. You can sprinkle the red pepper flakes over the Peanut Noodles right before serving. Another option is whisking some chili paste into the sauce.
- Add-ins: Try adding some fresh vegetables like red bell pepper, bean sprouts, split peas, or edamame beans. Add them to the pan along with the onion for some sautéed veggies. You can also add some extra flavor with fresh herbs and seasonings like cilantro leaves, basil, and sage. For a bit of tart flavor squeeze lime juice over the noodles before serving. You can also serve the noodles with lime wedges for garnish.
- Sweeteners: If you don’t want to use brown sugar, you can try maple syrup or honey.
- Chicken: To make the dish more filling, serve up noodles with chicken. If you have any leftover cooked chicken like Baked Chicken Thighs or Rotisserie Chicken just heat them up, chop them, and mix them in. If not, you can cook the chicken in a skillet before mixing it with the sauce.
- Peanuts: You can change the kind of peanut butter you use depending on your taste. If you want some more texture, try crunchy instead of creamy peanut butter. You could also chop up some roasted peanuts to mix in.
- Noodles: Try this recipe with different kinds of noodles. It will work well with most Asian noodles like rice noodles, soba noodles, or ramen noodles.
MORE PEANUT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE SPICY PEANUT NOODLES
- Serve: Don’t leave Spicy Peanut Noodles at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Let the pasta cool then put it in an airtight container to store in the fridge. It will keep well for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: Kept sealed in an airtight container, Spicy Peanut Noodles can stay good frozen for up to 2 months.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup green onions , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger , minced (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth , vegetable broth works well too
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the box and drain.
- To a large skillet add the vegetable oil, sesame oil, green onions, ginger, and garlic on medium heat.
- Stir well and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in brown sugar, peanut butter, rice vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, chicken broth, Sriracha, and shredded carrot, whisking well.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Add in pasta and toss well before serving.
Absolutely delicious! I have young kids so I halved the spice and added chicken, great flavor, easy and inexpensive to make.