Wendy’s Chocolate Frosty (Copycat) is easy to make at home with just 4 ingredients and turns out just as smooth, creamy, and rich.
We love finding copycat recipes for our favorite restaurant treats, and this Copycat Frosty tastes just like the classic Wendy’s Frosty! It has the same creamy consistency and fluffy texture that is somewhere between a milkshake and Chocolate Ice Cream. It’s a surprisingly easy Dessert Recipe to make at home and is sure to get your kids excited.
This Copycat Wendy’s Frosty is the real deal. It has the exact same milk chocolate flavor and creamy texture as the original chocolate Frosty. It’s the same yummy chocolate treat that you can get at a drive-thru but made in just 15 minutes from the comfort of your own kitchen.
There are a couple of tricks to this ultimate copycat recipe. The first is not to let the delicious chocolate cream mixture ever fully freeze while you’re making it. That way the familiar chocolate drink is a Frosty instead of just chocolate ice cream. Then to get the Frosty taste we add a secret ingredient. A little malted milk powder is exactly what you need to enhance the classic chocolate flavor for the perfect Copycat Wendy’s Frosty!
This is the perfect easy treat to make for a fun family dessert. Serve it in cups with straws or spoons as a delicious way to cool down on a hot summer day.
If you like this Wendy’s copycat, be sure to try our recipe for Wendy’s Chili. It’s super easy to make and tastes just like the one from the restaurant.
MORE DESSERT COPYCAT RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR OWN WENDY’S CHOCOLATE FROSTY
The only special tool you need to make a Wendy’s Frosty is an ice cream maker. Other than that, the ingredients are all simple, and the directions are so quick to follow you won’t believe how easy it is!
- Mix: To start add the condensed milk, cold chocolate milk, and malted milk powder all to one bowl. Whisk them together until smooth. Then you can mix in the cool whip for the perfect texture.
- Freeze: Pour the simple mixture into your ice cream maker and let it churn for 10-15 minutes until the mixture is thickened. You want to stop before it reaches frozen chocolate milk. Just get it to the classically semi-melted consistency and serve.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON WENDY’S CHOCOLATE FROSTY (COPYCAT)
- Vanilla ice cream: If you like the idea of a Frosty, but prefer their vanilla one, simply use regular milk and add in a teaspoon of vanilla extract. It’ll have the same delicious creamy consistency as partially melted vanilla ice cream.
- Extra chocolate: On the opposite end you can take the mellow chocolate flavor to a whole new level by adding in some extra chocolatey ingredients. Unsweetened cocoa powder is an easy addition to make. Just mix 2 tablespoons of natural cocoa powder with the Frosty. Make sure the chocolate powder mix is completely combined before pouring it into your ice cream machine. You can also add a little extra chocolate milk powder or add a couple of tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
- Low-fat copycat Wendy’s frosty: To make the Frosty ingredients a little less heavy, you can start by replacing the whole chocolate milk with chocolate almond milk. You can also decrease the amount of cool whip. Try it without the cool whip first, if you still want it to be a little creamy just try mixing in half the cool whip.
- Mix-ins: One of the great things about making your favorite restaurant treats yourself is that you can experiment with them. Add different mix-ins with your creamy Frosty to see what you like best. Try chocolate chips, M&Ms, toffee bits, Reese’s, or Andes mints. You could even break apart Chocolate Chip Cookies and sprinkle the pieces over the top.
MORE FROZEN TREATS
HOW TO STORE WENDY’S CHOCOLATE FROSTY (COPYCAT)’
- Serve: Frostys will start to melt quickly if you leave them at room temperature. So, you should eat them fresh or store them right away.
- Store: If you plan to eat the Wendy’s Frosty within an hour or two, you can just cover it and put it in the fridge so that it stays soft.
- Freeze: However, for long-term storage, put it in a covered freezer-safe container. As long as it’s sealed in an airtight container your Frosty mixture can stay good frozen for up to a month.
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk , half can
- 8 cups chocolate milk
- 4 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Add condensed milk, chocolate milk, and malted milk powder to a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the Cool Whip until creamy.
- Add to ice cream maker with a frozen mixing bowl, let churn for 10-15 minutes until thickened but not frozen.