Apple Crisp Cookies with a pie crust bottom, sweetened spiced apples and a brown sugar and oat crust.
Apple Crisp Cookies combine two of my favorite desserts, Apple Crisp and Apple Pie in one delicious handheld treat. The best part is? Only a smaaaaaaaaaaall amount of apples, because you and I both know the best part of a crisp and a pie are the delicious, buttery, crispy shells!
A couple of years ago I came across some adorable Pinterest photos of Apple Pie Cookies, like with the cute crust and everything. It looked great and all but my favorite apple dessert is Apple Crisp as evidenced by my Double The Crisp Apple Crisp and Apple Crisp Pie recipes.
The best part about this recipe is that the topping is as equally easy as it is cute. You don’t have to worry about the cookies looking delicious, the crumble will take care of that for you and the bottoms brown nicely because of the pie crust. The inside is still delicious, chewy, moist and still has a hint of liquid filling. Think of this cookie as 80% crust and 20% apples. That’s my kind of apple dessert! 😉
Looking for more Cookie ideas? Check out the cookies on the blog!
- Jacques Torres Legendary Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Oreo Chunk Cookies – You’ve NEVER had an Oreo Cookie like this!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (4 Ingredients, and GF)
- Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- Crinkly Brownie Cookies
- Oatmeal Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Super Chewy Oatmeal Raisin M&M Cookies
- Award Winning Gingerbread Cookies
- Sprinkles Birthday Cake Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
- Strawberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Apple Crisp Cookies
- 1 pie crust (you can make half that recipe)
- 5 Granny Smith apples , peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter , diced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add baking spray or grease regular muffin tin (you'll use it twice or spray two muffin tins).
Cut 24 two inch circles out of your pie crust.
If you need to gather your scraps and re-roll them to 1/4 inch thickness.
Add the pie crust to the muffin tins.
In a small saucepan add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and cornstarch.
Cook for 5-7 minutes until the apples are softened and thickened.
To make the crisp topping, add the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt, oats and butter to a bowl and combine with either a hand mixer or pastry cutter.
Add one tablespoon of apple filling to each muffin well.
Add two tablespoons of the crumble topping on top.
I give the tops a quick spray with canola oil, but it is totally up to you. I find it helps hold the topping together.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Let cool completely before carefully removing.