Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter is a sweet, creamy dessert dip or spread with chocolate chips throughout. Made with sugar cookies, brown sugar, and butter.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BUTTER
If you’ve never had Cookie Butter before think of it as a combination of a dessert and peanut butter. The great thing about it is you can use all different kind of cookies to make this creamy recipe. Using sugar cookies, butter, brown sugar, and condensed milk you can make a thick spread that tastes like classic chocolate chip cookie dough.
We’ve all had that moment while making Chocolate Chip Cookies, when you just want to eat spoonfuls of the dough. While that isn’t the best idea, making this Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter is an easy way to satisfy that craving minus the raw eggs. It’s just as sweet, buttery, and chock full of chocolate chips.
Once you’ve made your Cookie Butter store it in mason jars in the fridge. Keeping it in the fridge will make sure it stays at the right thick consistency. It makes a great party dessert, after-school snack, or you could even make jars to give as gifts.
MORE DESSERT APPETIZER RECIPES
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BUTTER
Cookie Butter is so versatile that you can use it as an appetizer, dessert, snack, or even with breakfast. This Chocolate Chip version is especially sweet, but you can still use it with a variety of dippers, or as a spread over your favorite recipes. That’s of course, if you can resist the urge to just eat it straight from the jar with a spoon. (Don’t worry, we won’t judge.)
- Spread: Try spreading Cookie Butter over classic breakfast recipes like Pancakes or Waffles for an extra sweet and celebratory breakfast.
- Dip: Put out a bowl of Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter at your next get-together with a variety of dippers. You can use pretzels, graham crackers, vanilla Oreos, apple slices, or cookies to dip in.
- Topping: Use Cookie Butter as a topping for your favorite dessert recipes like Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, or Brownies.
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BUTTER
- Chocolate Chips: Try exchanging the semi-sweet chocolate chips for mini dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate chips. You could also try adding in some peanut butter chips.
- Cookies: Sugar cookies are the best option to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter that tastes similar to chocolate chip cookie dough. However, you can use a variety of different cookies in this recipe. Try using Nutter Butters, ginger snaps, Vanilla Oreos, or chocolate chip cookies.
- Add-ins: There are so many fun mix-ins you can try to add some extra flavor and texture to your recipe. Toffee bits, chopped nuts, or m&ms would all be tasty options.
MORE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE INSPIRED DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BUTTER
- Serve: Make sure to let Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter set in the fridge for a full hour before serving it. Mix in the mini chocolate chips once it’s set and serve. To keep it at the right consistency, you don’t want to leave it at room temperature for more than an hour or so.
- Store: Cookie Butter is best kept stored in the fridge. In an air tight container, it will stay good for up to 2 weeks. Mix the Cookie Butter again before serving it when you take it out of the fridge.
- Freeze: You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge and stir thoroughly before eating.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter
- Yield: 15 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Course: Dessert Dip
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 30 sugar cookies , 2 cups ground
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Add the sugar cookies to the food processor until finely ground.
Add butter, condensed milk, evaporated milk and brown sugar to a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds.
Stir and microwave for 30 seconds again at %50 power until completely melted.
- Add in the cookie crumbs and stir until moistened.
Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add in water and stir until mixture is smooth.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir before serving (do not add these in while mixture is warm, they'll melt).
Yield: 15 Servings, Amount per serving: 218 calories, Calories: 218g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 124mg, Potassium: 115mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 13g, Vitamin A: 153g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 54g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.