In-N-Out Burger Spread is the delicious “secret” sauce that is used on all burgers and topped on Animal Style Fries. Easy to make and tastes exactly the same!
In-N-Out Burger Spread may sometimes be confused with regular 1000 Island dressing but the truth is that with just a few ingredients you can have an actual honest to goodness copycat.
This is literally how simple it is!
I should know something about these copycats, I actually made this dipping sauce as part of my original In-N-Out copycat posts. But then I would get emails asking if I was going to share the sauce recipe (it was in the post, just not highlighted enough).
There really aren’t many ways to adjust this recipe so I have some ideas for uses:
- Obviously as a dipping sauce or spread.
- Paired with grilled chicken, red bell peppers, tomatoes and roasted onions on kebabs. I brush this over the skewer at the last minute.
- Top meatloaf with it in the last 10 minutes of baking.
- On a hot dog, also top the hot dog with fries.
Looking for other In-N-Out recipes?
- In-N-Out Animal Style French Fries
- In-N-Out Double Double Animal Style
- More Copycat Recipes! Including the ENTIRE Panda Express Menu!
Tools Used in the making of this In-N-Out Burger Spread Dipping Sauce:
Mayonnaise: This is my favorite brand with the most similar flavor.
Sweet Pickle Relish: This was tested against three others and was the most similar in flavor.
Ketchup: Yes, I even tested varieties of ketchup.
White Vinegar: No differences here, this is just the brand I like to keep on hand.
In-N-Out Burger Spread
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Course: Sauce
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and stir.
Let cool in a refrigerator (covered) for an hour before serving for best flavor.
Yield: 6 servings, Amount per serving: 145 calories, Calories: 145g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 227mg, Potassium: 23mg, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 2.2g, Vitamin C: 0.4g, Iron: 0.6g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.