In-N-Out Burger Spread Dipping Sauce (Copycat)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
In-N-Out Burger Spread is the delicious “secret” sauce that is used on all burgers and topped on Animal Style Fries. Easy to make and tastes exactly the same!
In-N-Out Burger Spread may sometimes be confused with regular 1000 Island dressing but the truth is that with just a few ingredients you can have an actual honest to goodness copycat.
This is literally how simple it is!
I should know something about these copycats, I actually made this dipping sauce as part of my original In-N-Out copycat posts. But then I would get emails asking if I was going to share the sauce recipe (it was in the post, just not highlighted enough).
There really aren’t many ways to adjust this recipe so I have some ideas for uses:
- Obviously as a dipping sauce or spread.
- Paired with grilled chicken, red bell peppers, tomatoes and roasted onions on kebabs. I brush this over the skewer at the last minute.
- Top meatloaf with it in the last 10 minutes of baking.
- On a hot dog, also top the hot dog with fries.
Looking for other In-N-Out recipes?
- In-N-Out Animal Style French Fries
- In-N-Out Double Double Animal Style
- More Copycat Recipes! Including the ENTIRE Panda Express Menu!
Tools Used in the making of this In-N-Out Burger Spread Dipping Sauce:
Mayonnaise: This is my favorite brand with the most similar flavor.
Sweet Pickle Relish: This was tested against three others and was the most similar in flavor.
Ketchup: Yes, I even tested varieties of ketchup.
White Vinegar: No differences here, this is just the brand I like to keep on hand.
In-N-Out Burger Spread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and stir.
- Let cool in a refrigerator (covered) for an hour before serving for best flavor.
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.