Easy Peanut Butter Blondies are the best peanut butter lover dessert! Chewy peanut butter and brown sugar blondies made from scratch in less than an hour.
PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIES
Triple Peanut Blondies are the ultimate in peanut and peanut butter flavor but sometimes even peanut butter lovers want just a little less. These simple, easy to make Peanut Butter Blondies have just the right amount peanut buttery goodness, without needing a long list of ingredients.
You can make Peanut Butter Blondies without a mixer if you don’t have one. Microwave the butter and peanut butter until melted, stirring to combine. The melted butter mixture will stir easier, making sure you don’t over-mix by hand. Plus the melted butter will give your blondies a fudgy center.
Peanut butter gets to be the star of the show in these delicious blondies. No extra peanuts, peanut butter chips, or a ton of sugar in this Peanut Butter Blondies recipe. These brownie-like bars only have brown sugar for extra rich, chewy blondies. The molasses from the brown sugar adds a subtle layer of caramel flavor too.
This small batch Peanut Butter Blondie recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dessert for the family. If you need to double the recipe to feed a crowd, use the slider tool in the recipe card to adjust the servings. You can make 20 servings and bake in a 9×13 pan for the same amount of time.
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Blondies
- You can use either creamy peanut butter or crunchy peanut butter in Peanut Butter Blondies. Don’t use a natural peanut butter or one that requires stirring because the oils will separate during baking.
- Try other nut butters like almond butter or sunflower butter if you have them on hand. Just make sure they don’t have a lot oil or separate easily.
- Cool Peanut Butter Blondies completely before cutting and serving. If you try to cut them warm, they will be too soft and crumbly to eat as a bar.
- You can add your favorite brownie and blondie mix-ins to these Peanut Butter Blondies. Whether it’s nuts and baking chips or candy pieces, make sure the total added ingredients isn’t more than 1 cup.
For extra sweet, peanut butter flavor, top the cooled blondies with a Peanut Butter Frosting before cutting. If you just can’t wait for your Peanut Butter Blondies to cool, scoop them out and serve in a bowl like a cobbler, topped with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream!
MORE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERTS:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIES
- Chocolate Chips: Fold in baking chips like milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips. You can use all one type or a mixture up to 1 cup total.
- Chocolate Swirl: Stir melted chocolate or Chocolate Ganache through the blondie batter for a marbled Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondie. You can also drizzle baked blondies with melted chocolate or Salted Caramel Sauce.
- Peanut Butter Cups: Place 10 miniature Reeses peanut butter cups into where the center of each blondie would be before baking. The peanut butter cups will sink into each bar for a melty, chocolate peanut butter center.
- Cake Mix: You can use a box of yellow cake mix or vanilla cake mix instead of the dry ingredients, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Candy: Mix in candy pieces like toffee bits, Reese’s Pieces, M&Ms, or chopped soft Salted Caramels for an extra sweet bite.
- Nuts: You can always double the peanut flavor with salted peanuts. Add other chopped nuts like pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts, too.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIES
- Serve: Cool Peanut Butter Blondies at least 15 minutes before serving. They can be kept covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Store: Transfer Peanut Butter Blondie squares to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature or warm in the microwave for best taste and chewy bites.
- Freeze: Cut Peanut Butter Blondies and place on a baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour, then transfer to a sealed container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw blondies overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 8x8 pan with baking spray.
- In stand mixer mix together peanut butter, butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Lower speed to low, then add in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.