Strawberry Jello Pie is a sweet, fun dessert with buttery pie crust, white chocolate, and Jello filling all topped with fresh strawberries.
This Strawberry Jello Pie recipe is the perfect Dessert to serve at your next backyard party. The Jello filling is cooling and delicious for a hot summer day. For more amazing strawberry pie recipes, try Fresh Strawberry Pie or Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie.
This quick Jello pie is super easy to make. The only oven time is to prep the pie crust. Then you just have to make the Jello filling on the stovetop, and pour it into the flaky crust. Add sweet strawberries over the top, and let it all chill in the fridge for the most amazing dessert packed with delicious strawberry flavor.
Dessert recipes with minimal baking time, like this one, are perfect for when it’s hot outside. Not only is the finished pie chilled, but the short baking time means the oven won’t warm up your house too much. Once it’s done, you can slice it up for an amazing picnic or BBQ dessert.
To finish off this perfect treat add Cool Whip for a dollop of topping over each slice. You can also add a scoop of Ice Cream to the side of your slice of pie. The cool dessert toppings are the perfect way to finish off his Summertime pie.
MORE PIE RECIPES
- Pie crust: This Strawberry Pie recipe is super easy if you use a premade pie crust. However, you can make your own Homemade Pie Crust if you prefer.
- White chocolate: If you made a strawberry pie with Jello filling and left out the white chocolate, the filling would seep through and make the crust soggy. The white chocolate acts as a barrier to keep the Jello filling contained. It also adds a sweet taste but doesn’t distract too much from the strawberry flavor.
- Jello: The simple Jello filling makes this the perfect summer dessert. It’s cool, easy, and refreshing. All you need is strawberry Jello powder, sugar, water, and cornstarch to thicken.
- Fresh strawberries: Adding fresh fruit to the top looks beautiful and gives the dish a more authentic flavor.
- Prep time: Preheat the oven, and line a pie plate with pie crust.
- Cook time: Put the pie crust in the oven for 10 minutes until it’s the perfect golden-brown color.
- White chocolate: Melt white chocolate in 30-second increments in the microwave. Then brush it over the buttery crust so it’s coating the bottom and going ¾ of the way up the sides. Let the chocolate harden before adding the pie filling.
- Jello mixture: Add the sugar, corn starch, and water to a saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, and continue stirring until the cornstarch is combined with the cup boiling water. Then continue mixing until it has thickened. Turn off the heat, and whisk in the strawberry gelatin mix. Once the cornstarch gelatin mixture is all combined, let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Assemble: Pour the gelatin mixture into the prepared pie crust. Then arrange the strawberry slices on top for the perfect finish. Put the Strawberry Pie with Jello filling in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Cracker crust: Instead of using a classic pie crust, you can make your Strawberry Pie in a graham cracker crust. All you have to do is break the graham crackers into crumbs in your food processor. Then mix them with sugar and melted butter to make the Graham Cracker Pie Crust. It’s super easy and tastes amazing with the strawberry Jello filling.
- Oreo crust: You could also follow the graham cracker crust recipe, but use Oreos to make a cookie crumb crust. Essentially whatever your favorite crust recipe is, it would taste amazing paired with this Strawberry Pie with Jello.
- Fruit flavors: To experiment with this recipe, you can use a different flavor of Jello for the filling. You can use orange Jello, watermelon, and peach. Or, stick with a berry pie, and use blueberry, raspberry, or mixed berry Jello. Then top the pie off with fresh fruit slices or fresh berries to match the chosen flavor.
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: You don’t want to leave your Jello Strawberry Pie at room temperature for more than an hour or two.
- Store: To keep leftovers cover the pie in plastic wrap, or transfer the remaining slices to an airtight container. Then it will stay good for 2-3 days. Unfortunately, you can’t make it last longer in the freezer. The Jello will lose its texture from freezing and thawing.
- Bake the pie crust in a tin for 10 minutes at 425 degrees or until golden brown.
- Melt the white chocolate in 30-second increments until smooth, then brush it onto the pie crust ¾ of the way up the sides and let the chocolate harden.
- Add the sugar, cornstarch, and water to a saucepan on medium heat and whisk well bringing to a boil, then cook until thickened for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the strawberry gelatin, then let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Add in the strawberries and arrange them in your pie cut side down.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours.