Panda Express Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken is a perfect copycat at home!
There are a lot of teriyaki sauces out there for you to choose from. This Panda Express Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken has that thick sweet glaze that you know from your favorite 2 item plate. I used powdered garlic and ginger for the sake of the copycat recipe. Their glaze does not have any chunks of garlic or ginger in it that I could see. You absolutely could use fresh ginger and garlic (which I actually prefer) but you’ll be deviating from that “copycat” style. If you are using fresh garlic and ginger instead of spices, use 1-2 teaspoons of each, minced finely.
Keeping track of all the Panda Express copycat recipes here on the blog?
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Panda Express Mushroom Chicken
- Panda Express Firecracker Chicken Breast
- Panda Express Chow Mein
- Panda Express Fried Rice
- Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken
- Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken
- Panda Express Beijing Beef
- Panda Express Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast
- Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon
- Panda Express Beef and Broccoli
- Panda Express Sweetfire Chicken Breast
Tools used in this recipe:
Lodge Grill Pan – I use this double sided pan for SO much, anytime I need a big flat surface for “grilling” or breakfast prep
Pig Tail Flipper – I use this *almost* more than I use tongs in the kitchen. Flipping is so quick and doesn’t smash foods.
Panda Express Mandarin Teriyaki Sauce – In case you don’t want to make this sauce, but really this sauce is super easy.
- 2 pound chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water mixed together
- In a bowl, add the canola oil to chicken thighs while waiting for grill pan to heat up on high.
- Add the chicken to grill pan and grill on high for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- While the chicken is cooking, Add the sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, ground ginger, ⅓ cup water and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Lower temperature to medium-low and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water/cornstarch mixture then cook over low heat until just thickened.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with brown rice and grilled pineapple.