Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake is a tasty cookie-inspired cake recipe for a crowd. Easy moist cinnamon vanilla cake with delicious cinnamon cream cheese frosting!
SNICKERDOODLE SHEET CAKE
Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake is the ultimate dessert for cinnamon lovers! There is plenty of cinnamon baked into this moist, buttery vanilla cake, plus a thick layer of sweet cinnamon cream cheese frosting. This completely homemade cake comes together in less than an hour for a delicious, easy dessert perfect for summer and fall gatherings.
The light and fluffy batter for Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake starts with a simple Vanilla Cake recipe. Ground cinnamon, salt, and cream of tartar add that signature taste that transforms a butter cookie into a Snickerdoodle. There is just enough cream of tartar in this recipe to give a bit of tang and activate the baking soda, without making your cake chewy like a cookie.
Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake has just the right amount of cinnamon to satisfy your craving but doesn’t overwhelm the buttery cake. If you really love cinnamon, and want to take the flavor to the next level, check out the variations below! You can also add cinnamon to taste, about a ½ teaspoon at a time.
The cinnamon frosting for Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake is a Buttercream Frosting and Cream Cheese Frosting hybrid, with equal parts butter and cream cheese. Double the amount of cream cheese to make it extra tangy and rich. To get the perfect whipped frosting, make sure you start with softened butter and cream cheese. They will combine easier and faster, adding lots of air for a fluffier, creamy texture.
Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake is a great cake for parties, potlucks, bake sales, or any time you need a cake to feed a crowd! It’s easy to make and cinnamon sugar is always a crowd pleaser! You can even make Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake a few days in advance, with or without the frosting. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve since it has a dairy in the frosting, and bring to room temperature to serve.
This tasty Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake is delicious on it’s own, or served with a cup of tea or coffee for a nice brunch or bridal shower. Make it extra special and serve at parties with Vanilla Ice Cream sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. If you want to skip the frosting, top your Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake with Whipped Cream or drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce.
MORE DELICIOUS CINNAMON RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON SNICKERDOODLE SHEET CAKE
- Nuts: Add some crunch to your Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake and fold in a ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts. You can also sprinkle chopped nuts on top of the frosting.
- Cinnamon Swirl: Really amp the cinnamon flavor up with a cinnamon sugar swirl. Combine ½ cup flour, ¼ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 3 tablespoons cold butter (cut in pieces) until it resembles small chunks the size of peas. Sprinkle streusel topping over cake batter and swirl with a knife before baking as usual.
- Cinnamon Chips: Use ½ cup cinnamon baking chips in your cake batter for sweet, cinnamon bites. Also try caramel chips, butterscotch chips, or white chocolate chips!
- Snickerdoodle Cookies: If you have Snickerdoodle Cookies on hand, use them in your cake! Fold in crushed cookie chunks, decorate with quartered cookies, or dust the frosted cake with cookie crumbs!
- Snickerdoodle Cupcakes: Line a 12 cup muffin pan (batter will make 24 cupcakes), and bake for 18-22 minutes to make Snickerdoodle Cupcakes.
- Snickerdoodle Layer Cake: Butter and flour 2 8-inch round cake pans before adding the cake batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes and cool completely before frosting.
MORE DELICIOUS, EASY SHEET CAKES!
HOW TO STORE SNICKERDOODLE SHEET CAKE
- Serve: You can keep a frosted Snickerdoodle Cake at room temperature for up to 2 hours before it will need to be refrigerated. Unfrosted cake can be kept covered in a cool, dry place for up to 4 days.
- Store: Cover the cake pan with plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake for up to 1 week and serve at room temperature.
- Freeze: Freeze Snickerdoodle Sheet Cake with or without frosting in a sealed container. You can also wrap it first in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil. Thaw the cake in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray.
- To your stand mixer add butter and sugar on medium-high speed and cream for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract on medium speed until well combined.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cream of tartar.
- Alternate adding in the flour mixture and milk, ⅓ of each at a time until it's all combined.
- Pour the batter into your baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool before frosting with Cinnamon Frosting.
- To your stand mixer add the butter, cream cheese and cinnamon on medium high speed and whip for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Lower the speed to the lowest setting and add in the powdered sugar until just combined.
- Raise speed to medium until fluffy for 30 seconds.